Recently, Cummings & Goings was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award. Elizabeth, from the Fearless Foreigner nominated us for this award. I want to take this moment to thank her and the work she does on her own blog. We have personally read her posts, used her tips, and have learned from her. It is truly an honor to be nominated for this award.
Blogging is not always easy. It can be difficult, frustrating, time consuming, and filled with some happiness and joy. I strive to go out there, and hopefully make a difference in the lives of my readers. There is a hope that they can take one or two tips and make an adventure by stepping outside of their comfort zone.
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is an award given to bloggers from bloggers. It is a way to recognize and support bloggers who are positive, creative and inspiring.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to his or her blog.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- On your post list the Sunshine Blogger Award logo and rules.
The Questions I received from the Fearless Foreigner:
1. What was your first passport stamp and your most recent passport stamp?
I received my first stamp on my passport from Jamaica in 2003. The most recent stamp came from Chile. As for Sarah, her first stamp would be from Hong Kong. Her family is from there, and they would regularly travel to see relatives all the time. Our most recent stamp came from Chile.
2. What is the most unique item you always take with you on your travels?
We usually never take anything that is quite unique. We take regular items or must haves like a camera, earplugs/ eyemask to sleep in dorms or airplane, a first aid kit, and some clothes.
3. What is the best part of being a blogger?
The best part of being a blogger is sharing tips and tricks with others to help them travel better. We love learning from others about places to go and see and hear their recommendations, and we try to do the same. If we can inspire one person to take a trip and have fun, we have done a good job. Of course, we hope to inspire more than one person.
4. And the worst part of being a blogger?
The worst part of being a blogger would be putting in all the effort to write posts, market, and reach out to people, but have no results. We work as English Teachers, and consistently see some good results in the classroom. Our hope is that we could see the same results through blogging as well. It is not always that easy, and it can be quite hard. Persistence is what we have to keep on doing. Being persistent.
5. What is the most exotic food you have eaten?
6. Do you collect anything on your travels?
7. Do you have a go to activity that you always try to do when you visit a new place?
8. What is your favorite travel book or movie?
9. Is there any place in the world you don’t want to visit?
10. Can you speak any other languages?
I can speak a little Spanish. It is not great, but a little. Sarah can speak intermediate level conversation of Cantonese and Mandarin. Her parents are from Hong Kong, and so everyone can speak Cantonese. She learned Mandarin while studying the language in Taipei.
11. When was a time you experienced the kindness of strangers while traveling?
Questions for my Nominations:
1. Why do you travel?
2. What is the most meaningful travel photograph you have taken?
3. What is your blog niche?
4. Do you prefer solo travel or with other people?
5. What has been your favorite place you have been to?
6. What is one luxury item you must have while traveling?
7. Why do you blog?
8. What is the number one item on your bucket list?
9. What are your thoughts about travel hacking?
10. What is the number one tip for new travelers?
11. What is your greatest experience you have had while traveling?
I can't wait to see the answers to these questions. I want to once again thank Elizabeth from The Fearless Foreigner for her nomination.
Good luck, safe travels, and keep traveling.
“Life is short and the world is wide.” – Simon Raven
- Looking for good flight deals, check out Momondo. It will help find some great deals for you.
- .Looking for good accommodation, check out booking.com, They can help you find good rates.
- Check out Airbnb for an alternative to hotels. If you sign-up with this link you can get up to $35 off your first stay. I love Airbnb.
- Need travel insurance check out World Nomads to help you travel with peace of mind.
* Affiliate links. If you click on a link and do business with these companies, we may earn a small commission.